Thursday, December 27, 2012

Loperamide (Imodium) and WD

Theres only a couple drugs I consider to be godsends in withdrawal, and one of those are loperamide.
Before you instantly stop her since its about a diarrheal med, let me elaborate.
Much of this was posted in a shorter blog, so I apologize for redundancies.

loperamide (immodium)- This one is debated upon. However, it's generally agreed that everyone should have this during the acute withdrawal period in therapeutic doses. It will help with having to run to the bathroom constantly. The debated upon part is loperamide in higher doses for opiate withdrawal. Loperamide was originally developed as a painkiller. It was a schedule 4 drug in the USA for a short while before the discovery that it in fact did not cross the blood brain barrier, meaning it didn't affect the brain and the central nervous system, which are responsible for the "high." What they did find was that it bound strongly to the external opioid receptors throughout the body, which is why they approved it as an anti-diarrheal. The great thing about loperamide is that it helps with the physical withdrawal symptoms a lot. You won't get the "kicks," the "creepy crawlies," and general dope sickness as bad if you take the loperamide in above recommended doses. It should be noted though that loperamide may only delay the inevitable. Since it technically is an opioid (one that's closely related to fentanyl), there WILL be some withdrawal symptoms when you stop taking it. However, those symptoms will be no where near as bad as a normal opiate.
--An example of using loperamide for withdrawal would be this (and its STRICTLY that, an example and should never be taken as advice):
Note, 36 hours between doses is preferable because lope has a long half life, and taken too often builds up in the system.
Day 1: 30mg
Day 2: 20mg
Day 3: 15mg
Day 4: 10mg
Day 5: 6mg
Day 6: 4mg
Day 7: 3mg
You can jump off at any point. Expect some physical discomfort after stoppi the lope, but there should be no mental WD symptoms unless you were taking heroic doses.
Obviously certain people with stronger WDs would need an altered schedule.
I PROMISE if will work just give it two hours or so.

To fight any of the potential constipation issues (though I doubt this will be a problem in withdrawal), make sure you drink lots of water.  Magnesium oxide supplements and fiber work well to help the GI tract move along as well.


Email me for questions and personal attention to situations.

9 comments:

  1. Tried and it helped alllooootttt

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lope. has helped tremendously with my withdrawals. it has calm down the stomach cramps, the RLS and anxiety. it has helped me not to go to the bathroom every 10 minutes. I would highly recommend this medication. it's an over the counter pill. I am NOT a medical professional and this is not medical advice. I'm just sharing my story

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am currently trying this now. It seems to be working

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be sure to take plenty of magnesium while on this regimine. Torsades de pointes CAN KILL YOU. DO YOUR HOMEWORK PEOPLE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Be sure to take plenty of magnesium while on this regimine. Torsades de pointes CAN KILL YOU. DO YOUR HOMEWORK PEOPLE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As taking larger than normal doses of lope will force a reaction to force some of the analog of it's master drug through the BBB this will work. I just don't recommend going crazy on the doses, what this person has posted does work and i'm happy to see them posting moderate dosing scheduling. Just remember if you go crazy with the dosing of lope that it can have adverse effects on your body. This is an awesome write up so +1 mate for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As taking larger than normal doses of lope will force a reaction to force some of the analog of it's master drug through the BBB this will work. I just don't recommend going crazy on the doses, what this person has posted does work and i'm happy to see them posting moderate dosing scheduling. Just remember if you go crazy with the dosing of lope that it can have adverse effects on your body. This is an awesome write up so +1 mate for sharing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made the mistake of trying this. I took 50mg... my roommate found me unconscious, Blue and gasping for air. Luckily they were able to revive me. That's what I get from taking advice from a bunch of fucking idiots Inn the internet. Glad it didn't cost me my life. Lesson learned

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to know about loperamide. Was not aware about it but glad to get this info. I was also an addict and always avoided treatments but my mom forcefully took me to virginia opiate addiction treatment center where after receiving treatment for 3 months I was normal again. Thanks to their best services!

    ReplyDelete